Supplying the Midland
and Gladwin Areas
Who We Are
Stanford LP Gas was founded in 1957, by Dale and Edna Stanford. Since the very beginning, the company has prided itself on providing a valuable service where our customers are seen as individuals and treated with kindness, honesty and respect. Our original location in a small general store was only a few minutes away from our current (Midland) location. A strong sense of community remains. Over the years, as propane furnaces became a more popular option, we expanded the operation to include an 18,000 gallon bulk tank, and delivery vehicles that would allow us to set and service the larger tanks customers would need for residential heating.
Our company and employees still adhere to our original values of local community involvement, exceptional customer service and the safe delivery of propane. During these rapidly changing and sometimes challenging times Stanford’s has grown to include locations in the Gladwin and Kawkawlin communities as well as a satellite plant located in southern Midland county. These additional locations have greatly expanded our storage capacity allowing us to service a larger area while keeping that “home-town” connection.
While residential heating is our core business, we also provide propane for commercial, industrial and agricultural use. We work closely with many area builders to provide temporary heat ensuring that deadlines are met during our winter months. Stanford’s has always been a strong proponent for the use of propane as an alternative to gasoline. For over twenty years we have provided the skills and know how to convert gasoline powered vehicles to Bi-fuel (can run on gas or propane) or dedicated propane only conversions as well.
While many things have changed since 1957, our ability to deliver a safe reliable product and to treat our customers as individuals with the kindness, honesty and respect they deserve has not.